ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Eligible eyes will have active PDR with high risk characteristics (HRC) as defined by the DRS. All eyes must meet at least one or both of the following criteria:
- Mild neovascularization of the disc (NVD) of at least 1/4 to 1/3 disc area as shown in standard photograph 10A of the DRS.
- Moderate neovascularization of the retina elsewhere (NVE) of at least 1/2 disc area as shown in standard photograph 7 of the DRS.
2. ETDRS visual acuity score greater than or equal to 24 letters (approximately 20/320) and less than or equal to 85 letters (approximately 20/20) by the ETDRS visual acuity protocol at the screening visit.
3. Eyes with mild pre-retinal hemorrhage (PRH) or mild vitreous hemorrhage (VH) that does not interfere with clear visualization of the macula and optic disc are eligible for this study.
4. Evaluating physician believes that PRP can be safely withheld for 3 weeks.
1. Presence of moderate or dense PRH or VH that prevents clear visualization of the
macula and/or optic disc.
2. Presence of either:
- significant epiretinal membranes involving the macula, OR
- proliferative diabetic membranes along the major retinal arcades that are
extensive enough to cause either:
- significant vitreomacular traction, OR
- significant impairment in visual acuity.
3. Presence of any tractional retinal detachment.
4. Severe ischemia involving the foveal avascular zone as determined by fluorescein
angiography performed at the initial screening visit.
5. Significant media opacity (due to cornea, anterior chamber, or lens) precluding clear
visualization of the macula or optic disc.
6. Presence of neovascular glaucoma with or without hyphema.
7. Previous treatment with intravitreal steroid injections in the study eye within 6
months of baseline.
8. Previous treatment with peribulbar steroid injections in the study eye within 90 days
9. Previous PRP laser treatment in the study eye within 90 days of baseline visit.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- McAllen, Texas