ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Patients must have histologically or cytologically confirmed solid malignancy (excluding lymphoma) that is metastatic or unresectable and for which no standard therapy exists.
- Patients must have measurable disease
- Must be >/= 18 years of age
- All patients need to be willing to undergo planned pharmacodynamic assessments, including serial PET imaging, plasma markers, and pharmacokinetic sampling.
- Patients who have had chemotherapy, radiotherapy, experimental therapy or major
surgery within 4 weeks (6 weeks for nitrosoureas or mitomycin C) prior to entering the
study or those who have not recovered (to grade -Patients may not be receiving any
other investigational agents.
- Patients with prior anti-VEGF directed therapy may be allowed only if approved by the
PI and greater than 8 weeks since last exposure
- History of allergic reactions attributed to compounds of similar chemical or biologic
composition to axitinib
- Patients with poorly controlled hypertension
- Patients who require use of therapeutic doses of coumarin-derivative anticoagulants
- Patients with any condition that impairs their ability to swallow and retain axitinib
tablets are excluded.
- Patients with any of the following conditions are excluded: Serious or nonhealing
wound, ulcer, or bone fracture; History of abdominal fistula, gastrointestinal
perforation, or intra-abdominal abscess within 28 days of treatment; Any history of
cerebrovascular accident (CVA) or transient ischemic attack within 12 months prior to
study entry; History of myocardial infarction, cardiac arrhythmia, stable/unstable
angina, symptomatic congestive heart failure, or coronary/peripheral artery bypass
graft or stenting within 12 months prior to study entry; History of pulmonary embolism
within the past 12 months; Class III or IV heart failure as defined by the NYHA
functional classification system.
- Patients without appropriate lesion on CT scan for FLT-PET/CT imaging
- CYP3A4 inducers/inhibitors medications will be reviewed by the Principal Investigator.
- Steroid use is not recommended during axitinib treatment
- Patients with a pre-existing thyroid abnormality who are unable to maintain thyroid
function in the normal range with medication are ineligible.
- Patients with known brain metastases should be excluded
- HIV-positive patients on combination antiretroviral therapy are ineligible
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Madison, Wisconsin