- Patients who agreed to participate in the study and agreed to sign an ICD.
- Patients had to be ≥18 years of age (adults)
- Patients had to present or had been referred to a participating healthcare facility
with suspected pneumonia based on the physician's assessment (including but not
limited to specific signs and symptoms described in Section 9.3 of the protocol)
- Patients must have had a posteroanterior or anteroposterior chest X-ray showing an
infiltrate (if previous films were not available) or a new infiltrate (if recent film
- Patients had to be tested positive for the Binax NOW® assay (required post Protocol
- Patients who did not sign an ICD.
- Any patient who developed signs and symptoms of pneumonia after being hospitalized for
- Any patient who was transferred to a study healthcare facility after already being
hospitalized for ?48 hours at another healthcare facility
- Patients who did not have a chest X-ray performed
- Patients who did not have the Binax NOW® assay performed
- Patients with negative results for the Binax NOW® assay (required post Protocol