- Moderate-to-severe chronic low back pain present for at least 3 months.
- Require a continuous around-the-clock opioid analgesic for an extended period of time.
- Refrain from taking other opioid and non-opioid medications during the study.
- Active or within a past 2 years a history of lumbosacral radiculopathy or chronic low
back pain due to other underlying disorders such as spinal stenosis with neurologic
impairment, cancer, infection, or post-surgical intervention.
- Documented diagnosis of ongoing pain due to other chronic pain conditions which may
interfere with assessment of chronic low back pain.
- Active or ongoing or history of alcohol or drug abuse.