ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Sedentary adults not participating in a regular exercise program (≤ one bout of scheduled exercise per week)
- Subjects must have Type 2 Diabetes
- Subjects must be otherwise healthy
- Ages of 30-60 years
- BMI of 25-39 and stable weight for 3 months prior to the start of the study
- Diabetes controlled by diet +/- insulin secretagogues (sulfonylureas or glinides), metformin, or glucose absorption blockers (acarbose).
- Total glycosylated hemoglobin levels (HbA1C) ≤9% (fair control) on current therapy.
- Any comorbid condition which could limit exercise performance including Chronic
Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or asthma
- Concurrent enrollment in an interventional study.
- Any tobacco use either current or within the last year
- Clinically evident distal symmetrical neuropathy, determined by evaluation of symptoms
(numbness, paresthesia) and signs (elicited by vibration, pinprick, light touch, ankle
jerks), will be excluded.
- Autonomic dysfunction (>20 mm fall in upright BP without a change in heart rate) will
- Evidence of ischemic heart disease by history or abnormal resting or exercise
electrocardiogram (EKG) (> 1 mm ST segment depression) on screening exercise test.
- Angina or any other cardiovascular, pulmonary or musculoskeletal symptoms
- Presence of systolic blood pressure >190 at rest or >250 with exercise or diastolic
pressure >95 at rest or >105 with exercise
- Proteinuria (urine protein >200 mg/dl) or a creatinine > 2 mg/dl, suggestive of severe
- Proliferative retinopathy
- Insulin, incretin, or glitazone treatment
- Niacin treatment
- History of peptic ulcers
- A history of hereditary angioedema
- C1 esterase deficiency
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Use of fibrate drugs
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- San Antonio, Texas
- New Haven, Connecticut
- San Antonio, Texas
- Aurora, Colorado