ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Age 10 to 16 years.
2. T1D diagnosed for more than 1 year or C-peptide negative.
3. Centralised assessment of ACR based on six early morning urines deemed to be in upper tertile for risk after adjustment for age, gender, age at diagnosis and duration of disease.
1. Non T1D, i.e. type 2 diabetes, insulin dependent diabetes related to monogenic
disease, secondary diabetes.
2. ACR based on six early morning urines deemed to be at low risk for subsequent
development of CVD or DN.
3. Pregnancy or unwillingness to comply with contraceptive advice and regular pregnancy
testing throughout the trial.
4. Breast feeding
5. Severe hyperlipidaemia and family history data to support diagnosis of familial
6. Established hypertension unrelated to DN.
7. Prior exposure to the investigational products, statins and ACEI.
8. Unwillingness/inability to comply with the study protocol.
9. Other co-morbidities considered unsuitable by the investigator (excluding treated
hypothyroidism and coeliac disease).
10. Proliferative retinopathy.
11. Renal disease not associated with Type 1 Diabetes.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Bad Mergentheim,
- Toronto, Ontario