- Subjects must have pain present for more than 3 months after the healing of the herpes
zoster skin rash.
- At screening (V1) and baseline (V2), subjects must have a score of >=4 on the Numeric
Rating Scale for Pain (1 week recall period).
- At baseline (V2), at least 4 pain diaries must be completed satisfactorily within the
last 7 days and the average pain score must be >=4.
- Subjects having other severe pain that may confound assessment or self evaluation of
the pain due to PHN.
- Neurolytic or neurosurgical therapy for Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Skin conditions in the affected dermatome that could alter sensation.