- Hospitalized male or female subjects, at least 18 year of age.
- Complicated intra-abdominal infection is present at most under two weeks duration.
- Minimal clinical criteria at the time of intra-abdominal infection diagnosis or
highly suspected intra-abdominal infection.
- Anticipated length of antibiotic therapy less than 5 days or the likelihood that the
subject will not complete the course of treatment.
- Intra-abdominal infection known to be caused by 1 or more bacterial pathogens not
susceptible to both of the study drugs.
- Had accepted non-study antibiotics more than 24 hr within 72 hrs before enrollment
except for subjects declared prior failures.