1. Provision of signed and dated, written informed consent prior to any study specific
2. Healthy male and female volunteers aged 18 to 45 years (inclusive) with suitable veins
for cannulation or repeated venepuncture.
Females: Female healthy volunteers are authorised to participate in this study if both
of the following criteria are met:
1. A negative serum pregnancy test BOTH at screening AND at admission to the study
2. Agrees not to attempt pregnancy while receiving investigational product and for a
period of 7 days after last investigational product administration, and agrees to
the use of acceptable methods of contraception (according to instructions) prior
to, during, and for 7 days after the last investigational product administration.
3. Have a body mass index (BMI) between 19 and 30 kg/m2.
1. History or presence of gastrointestinal, hepatic, or renal disease or any other
condition known to interfere with the absorption, distribution, metabolism, or
excretion of drugs.
2. Any clinically significant abnormalities in physical examination, ECG, clinical
chemistry, haematology, coagulation, or urinalysis results, as judged by the
3. Pregnant or breastfeeding female healthy volunteers.
4. History of any clinically significant disease or disorder which, in the opinion of the
investigator, may either put the healthy volunteer at risk because of participation in
the study, or influence the results or the healthy volunteer's ability to participate
in the study.
5. Known history of Clostridium difficile infection in last 3 months.