ABOUT THIS STUDY
(Healthy subjects and Scz):
- Non-smoker or past smoker, abstinent for at least the last 1 year
- Females with potential childbearing must have a negative serum pregnancy test at inclusion.
- Ability and willingness to speak English
- Willingness to provide informed consent
- Adequate hearing and visual capacity, or corrected by visual/ hearing aid, right handedness.
INCLUSION Criteria (Scz Only):
- Diagnosis of schizophrenia
- Stable psychotropic drug treatment for at least the past 4 weeks
- Clinically stable for the past 3 months.
(healthy subjects and SCZ):
- Current smoker or abstinent smoker for less than 1 year
- Current history of drug abuse disorder or current elicit drug use
- Current or past history of neurological disorder
- Current or past history of seizures
- Any metal implants
- Mini Mental Status Examination score of less than 20
- Diagnosis of bipolar disorder or current Major depression episode
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) within 6 months
- Varenicline hypersensitivity.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Beijing, Beijing
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Toronto, Ontario