All subjects must satisfy the following criteria at study entry to the persistence phase:
- Subjects who, in the opinion of the investigator, can and will comply with the
requirements of the protocol. Or /and subjects' parent(s)/Legally Acceptable
Representative(s) [LAR(s)] who, in the opinion of the investigator, can and will
comply with the requirements of the protocol.
- A male or female between and including 17 and 66 years of age at the time of entry
into the present study.
- Has completed the vaccination phase of the vaccination study MENACWY-TT-015.
- In alignment with local laws and regulations, written informed consent obtained from
parents/LAR(s) of the subject and written informed assent obtained from the subject if
the subject is less than 18 years of age, or written informed consent obtained from
the subject if the subject has achieved the 18th birthday. The subjects ≥18 years of
age at the time of enrollment will sign the informed consent form, even if the parent/
LAR previously signed the ICF before the subject reached the legal age of consent.
- Healthy subjects as established by medical history and history-directed physical
examination before entering into the study.
All subjects must satisfy the following additional criteria prior to entry of the booster
- Female subjects of non-childbearing potential may be enrolled in the study.
- Non-childbearing potential is defined as pre-menarche, current tubal ligation,
hysterectomy, ovariectomy or post-menopause.
- Female subjects of childbearing potential may be enrolled in the study, if the
- has practiced adequate contraception for 30 days prior to vaccination, and
- has a negative pregnancy test on the day of vaccination, and
- has agreed to continue adequate contraception during the entire treatment period
and for 2 months after completion of the vaccination series.
- Child in care.
- Previous vaccination with meningococcal polysaccharide or conjugate vaccine outside of
- History of meningococcal disease due to serogroup A, C, W-135 or Y.
- Any confirmed or suspected immunosuppressive or immunodeficient condition, including
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection, based on medical history and physical
- Major congenital defects or serious chronic illness.
- Family history of congenital or hereditary immunodeficiency.
- History of chronic alcohol consumption and/or drug abuse.
Additional exclusion criteria for booster phase at Month 120 study entry (to be checked at
Month 120) for all subjects
- Use of any investigational or non-registered product other than the study vaccine
within 30 days preceding the booster dose of study vaccine, or planned use during the
- Chronic administration (defined as more than 14 days in total) of immunosuppressants
or other immune-modifying drugs within six months prior to the booster vaccine dose.
Inhaled and topical steroids are allowed.
- Administration of a vaccine not foreseen by the study protocol in the period starting
30 days before the booster dose of study vaccine or planned administration within 30
days after vaccination (with the day of vaccination considered Day 0), with the
exception of a licensed inactivated influenza vaccine.
- Administration of immunoglobulins and/or any blood products within the three months
preceding the booster vaccination or planned administration during the follow-up
- Concurrently participating in another clinical study, at any time during the study
period, in which the subject has been or will be exposed to an investigational or a
- Previous vaccination with tetanus toxoids within the last month.
- History of any reaction or hypersensitivity likely to be exacerbated by any component
of the vaccines.
- History of any neurological disorders or seizures, including Guillain-Barré syndrome
(GBS). History of a simple, single febrile seizure is permitted.
- Acute disease and/or fever at the time of enrollment.
- Fever is defined as temperature ? 37.5°C for oral, axillary or tympanic route, or
? 38.0°C for rectal route. The preferred route for recording temperature in this
study will be oral.
- Subjects with a minor illness without fever may, be enrolled at the discretion of
- Pregnant or lactating female.
- Female planning to become pregnant or planning to discontinue contraceptive