ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Patients aged 20 years or older and below 80 years.
- Patients who have not previously taken any antihypertensive drugs or have discontinued previous antihypertensive drugs for 2 weeks.
- Mean SBP ≥140 mmHg or mean diastolic BP ≥ 90 mmHg (blood pressure will be checked at least 2 times in a seated position during the screening period).
- Pregnant women, possible candidate for pregnancy, or breastfeeding women.
- Known or suspected secondary hypertension.
- Mean seated SBP ≥ 180 mmHg and/or mean seated diastolic BP ≥ 120 mmHg at any visit.
- Any clinically significant hepatic impairments.
- Severe renal impairment (serum creatinine level > 3.0 mg/dL or creatinine clearance <
- Bilateral renal artery stenosis, renal artery stenosis in a solitary kidney, or
- Clinically relevant hyperkalemia.
- Uncorrected volume or sodium depletion.
- Suspected primary aldosteronism.
1. Hypertension and spontaneous or low-dose diuretic-induced hypokalemia.
2. Drug-resistant hypertension, defined as sub-optimally controlled hypertension on
a 3-drug program that includes an adrenergic inhibitor, vasodilator, and
3. Hypertension with adrenal incidentaloma.
4. Hypertension and a family history of early-onset hypertension or cerebrovascular
accident at a young age (<40 years).
5. Hypertensive first-degree relatives of patients with primary aldosteronism.
- Symptomatic congestive heart failure.
- Angina pectoris requiring treatment.
- History of myocardial infarction or cerebrovascular accident (ischemic stroke or
- History of refractory or potentially lethal arrhythmias.
- Concurrent participation in another clinical trial.
- Patients with known intolerance, contraindication, or hypersensitivity to any
component of dihydropyridines or angiotensin II receptor blockers.
- Patients who are deemed unsuitable by the investigator.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Laval, Quebec
- E. Hanover, New Jersey
- London, Ontario