- Medical history of Heart Failure (HF) with at least 1 prior hospitalization for HF or
clinical evidence of HF (without hospitalization) manifested by signs or symptoms of
volume overload or elevated intracardiac pressures (e.g., elevated jugular venous
pressure, shortness of breath or signs of pulmonary congestion on x-ray or
auscultation, peripheral edema) that required/requires treatment with a diuretic for
- Evidence of cardiac involvement by echocardiography with an end-diastolic
interventricular septal wall thickness > 12 mm,
- Presence of amyloid deposits in biopsy tissue and presence of a variant TTR genotype
and/or TTR precursor protein identification by immunohistochemistry, scintigraphy or
- A New York Heart Association (NYHA) classification of IV.
- Presence of primary (light chain) amyloidosis.
- Prior liver or heart transplantation or implanted cardiac mechanical assist device.