ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. 18-85 years old;
2. Scheduled for cardiac surgery with bypass (CABG, valve, or combined);
3. Able to provide a written informed consent;
4. Hemodynamically stable (heart rate>= 55).
1. Sick sinus syndrome or Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
2. Atrio-ventricular block
3. Hypersensitivity or known allergy to dexmedetomidine
4. Hepatic disease, e.g. twice the normal level of liver enzymes
5. AF within 1 preoperative month;
6. Permanent pacemaker;
7. Use of amiodarone or dexmedetomidine within the last 30 days;
8. Patients with an ejection fraction under 30% or who had severe heart failure
9. Myocardial infarction in the previ¬ous 7 days;
10. Body mass index =< 40 (BMI= mass (kg) / height (m)2);
11. Those tak¬ing clonidine within last 48 hours.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Cleveland, Ohio