- Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and treated with metformin at a dose greater
than or equal to 1000 mg for at least 3 months and are willing to switch to
canagliflozin from metformin for the duration of the study
- Hemoglobin A1c of 7-10% at screening.
- Body Mass Index of at least 25 kg/m2.
- Compliant with study drug administration during the run-in period and throughout the
- Patients with fasting triglycerides greater than 500 mg/dL at screening.
- History of certain diabetic complications or cardiac problems.