1. Evidence of a personally signed and dated informed consent document (ICD) indicating
that the subject has been informed of all pertinent aspects of the study.
2. Male or female adults 50 years of age or older.
3. Documented vaccination with 1 or more prior doses of 23vPS, the last given at least 1
year prior to study enrollment.
4. Negative urine pregnancy test for all female subjects who are of child bearing
1. Previous vaccination with Prevnar®, Prevnar 13®, or any other investigational
pneumococcal conjugate vaccine.
2. History of severe adverse reactions associated with any vaccine or vaccine-related
3. Allergic to egg proteins (egg or egg products) and chicken proteins.
4. History of Guillain-Barré syndrome.
5. Vaccination with any influenza vaccine within 6 months (182 days) before
investigational product administration.
6. Documented S pneumoniae infection within the past 5 years before investigational