- Subjects must have moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis inadequately controlled by
methotrexate as defined by the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) classification
criteria for Rheumatoid arthritis, painful and swollen joint counts and C-reactive
- Screening CRP >3 mg/L or CDAI score > 10 at screening or at baseline before
- Subjects must have active disease at screening and baseline.
- Must be at least 50 years of age or older.
- History of receiving any varicella-zoster virus vaccine
- Receipt of any vaccines within 6 weeks of first dose of study treatment.
- Subjects with current infections or history of infections.
- History of recurrent (more than one episode) of herpes zoster or disseminated (a
single episode) of herpes zoster or disseminated (a single episode) of herpes simplex.