- At least 6 years of age.
- Documented diagnosis of sickle cell disease.
- Diagnosis of vaso-occlusive crisis necessitating admission to the hospital with
treatment including IV opioids.
- Able to receive the first dose of study drug within 24 hours from the administration
of IV opioids.
- Serious systemic infection
- Acute Chest Syndrome
- Serious concomitant medical problems (for example, stroke)
- SCD pain atypical of VOC
- Severe renal or hepatic impairment
- Chronic pain rather than a presentation of acute VOC