ABOUT THIS STUDY
- ≥18 years of age
- Smoke at least 10 cigarettes daily for the past year
- Expired-air carbon monoxide (CO) > 8 ppm
- Medically eligible to receive varenicline
- Score at least a 5 on the Contemplation Ladder (Biener & Abrams 1991), a measure of motivation to quit smoking.
- Are pregnant or lactating
- Have renal dysfunction
- Have a history of seizures
- Are medically at risk in the judgment of the study physician
- Have ever used varenicline
- Have used other smoking cessation medications within the past three months
- Have current psychiatric disorders (i.e. major depression, bipolar, and/or psychotic
- Have substance use disorder as determined by a psychiatric screener (Mini
International Neuropsychiatric Interview [MINI]; Sheehan et al 2015).
- We must limit the number of participants from the same street address to 1.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Tampa, Florida