- Subjects with a physician documented history or diagnosis of persistent asthma
(according to GINA, 2014 definition of asthma),
- Pre bronchodilator FEV1 of greater than or equal to 50 and less that 80% of predicted.
- Subjects defined as GINA Step 4 on a stable dose of either fluticasone/salmeterol
combination therapy, or budesonide/formoterol combination therapy or
mometasone/formoterol combination therapy.
- Subjects who are defined as uncontrolled as evidenced by; Juniper Asthma Control
Questionnaire (5 item version, ACQ) score greater than or equal to 1.5 and less than
or equal to 3.0)
- Subjects diagnosed with chronic pulmonary disease (COPD) and/or other chronic
pulmonary diseases (eg, Occupational asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, bronchiectasis,
Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA), pneumoconiosis, sarcoidosis,
- Subjects who are current smokers.