- Subjects with status epilepticus or repetitive status epilepticus / cluster seizure
who have seizures that can be evaluated by investigator's visual observations based
on motor symptoms or who have seizures that can be evaluated by EEG.
- Subjects with status epilepticus accompanied by generalized seizure, partial seizure
or secondarily generalized seizure lasting 5 minutes or longer
- Subjects with repetitive status epilepticus / cluster seizure accompanied by not less
than 3 consecutive episodes of generalized seizure, partial seizure or secondarily
generalized seizure in 1 hour.
- Subjects not younger than 3 months (either gender is eligible for the study)
- Subjects with known or suspected recurrent seizures due to illegal drug or alcohol
- Subjects with known history of hypersensitivity to lorazepam or benzodiazepine
- Subjects with a known history of benzodiazepine abuse.
- Subjects currently receiving lorazepam
- Subjects with angle-closure glaucoma
- Subjects with myasthenia gravis
- Subjects with either of aspartate transaminase, alanine transaminase, total
bilirubin, blood urea nitrogen, or creatinine at screening visit exceeding 2x the
upper limit of normal of the institutional reference value (if the data is available)
- Subjects with white blood cell count less than 3000/mm3 or neutrophil count less than
1500/mm3 at screening visit (if the data is available)