ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Ability to understand and the willingness to sign a written informed consent document.
2. Male or Female ≥18 years old and ≤ 70 years old
3. Newly diagnosed glioblastoma (GB) confirmed by biopsy or resection 4-7 weeks before registration.
4. Patients must have at least 15 unstained slides or 1 tissue block (frozen or paraffin embedded) available from a prior biopsy or surgery (archival tumor material).
5. Patients must have sufficient time for recovery from prior surgery (at least 4 weeks).
6. Karnofsky Performance Score (KPS) ≥ 60%.
7. Adequate hematologic function: Hemoglobin ≥ 10 g/dL, Leukocytes > 3,000/mcL, absolute neutrophil count (UNL) ≥ 1,500 cells/ul, platelets ≥ 100,000 cells/ul.
8. Adequate liver function: Bilirubin ≤ 2 X upper limit of normal (ULN); aspartate aminotrasferase (AST) (SGOT) ≤ 2.5 X ULN
9. Creatinine within normal institutional limits or creatinine clearance > 60 mL/min/1.73 m2l for subjects with creatinine levels above institutional normal.
10. The effects of crizotinib on the developing human fetus are unknown. For this reason, women of child-bearing potential and men must agree to use adequate contraception (hormonal or harrier method of birth control; abstinence; surgical sterilization) prior to study entry and for the duration of study participation and for at least 3 months thereafter. The definition of effective contraception will be based on the judgment of the principal investigator or a designated associate. Should a woman become pregnant or suspect she is pregnant while participating in this study, she should inform her treating physician immediately. All female patients with reproductive potential must have a negative pregnancy test (serum/urine) within 2 weeks prior to starting treatment.
1. Presence of extra-cranial metastatic disease.
2. Any prior radiotherapy (RT) or chemotheraphy (QT) treatment.
3. Patients must not have received prior Gliadel wafers.
4. The use of enzyme-inducing antiepileptic drugs will not be allowed. Those patients
taking enzyme-inducing antiepileptic drugs required a 7-day washout period before
5. Any surgery (not including minor diagnostic procedures such as lymph node biopsy)
within 2 weeks of baseline disease assessments; or not fully recovered from any side
effects of previous procedures.
6. Any clinically significant gastrointestinal abnormalities, which may impair intake,
transit or absorption of the study drug, such as the inability to take oral medication
in tablet form.
7. Any psychiatric or cognitive disorder that would limit the understanding or rendering
of informed consent and/or compromise compliance with the requirements of this
8. Uncontrolled or significant cardiovascular disease, including:
- A myocardial infarction within 12 months;
- Uncontrolled angina within 6 months;
- Congestive heart failure within 6 months;
- Diagnosed or suspected congenital long QT syndrome;
- Any history of clinically significant ventricular arrhythmias (such as
ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation, or Torsades de pointes);
- Prolonged corrected QT (QTc) interval on pre-entry electrocardiogram (>470 msec);
- Any history of second or third degree heart block (may be eligible if currently
have a pacemaker);
- Heart rate <50/minute on pre-entry electrocardiogram;
- Uncontrolled hypertension.
9. Any patient with a history of significant cardiovascular disease, even if currently
controlled, or who has signs or symptoms suggesting impaired left ventricular function
in the judgment of the investigator must have a screening left ventricular ejection
fraction (LVEF) evaluation by ECHO or angyography (MUGA). Patients with LVEF
measurements below local institutional lower limit of normal or less than 50% will not
10. Individuals with a history of a different malignancy are ineligible except for the
following circumstances: Individuals with a history of other malignancies are eligible
if they have been disease-free for at least 3 years and are deemed by the investigator
to be at low risk for recurrence of that malignancy. Individuals with the following
cancers are eligible if diagnosed and treated within the past 3 years: cervical cancer
in situ, and basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma of the skin. Patients will not be
eligible if they have evidence of other malignancy requiring therapy other than
surgery within the last 3 years.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona