- Male and female patients age at least 18 years of age, or age of consent in the
- Newly diagnosed Stage IIIB or IV non-small cell lung cancer (according to Revised
International System for Staging Lung Cancer criteria of 2010) or recurrent non-small
cell lung cancer (NSCLC) for which they had not received chemotherapy for metastatic
- Histologically or cytologically confirmed diagnosis of predominately non-squamous
- Be eligible to receive study treatment of bevacizumab, paclitaxel, and carboplatin
based on local standard of care, for the treatment of advanced or metastatic
- Small cell lung cancer (SCLC) or combination SCLC and NSCLC. Squamous-cell tumors and
mixed adenosquamous carcinomas of predominantly squamous nature.
- Evidence of a tumor that compresses or invades major blood vessels or tumor
cavitation that in the opinion of the investigator is likely to bleed.
- Known sensitizing EGFR mutations (for example, deletion 19 or L858R) or EML4-ALK
translocation positive mutations.