1. 28 days to randomization.
2. Presence of an index VTE which is confirmed by imaging.
3. Intention to manage the index VTE with anticoagulation treatment for at least 6 to 12
4. Subjects able to tolerate oral feeding, nasogastric (NG), gastric (G) feeding for at
least 5 days.
1. Anticoagulant treatment for the index VTE for greater than 14 days prior to
2. Thrombectomy, thrombolytic therapy, or insertion of a caval filter to treat the index
3. A mechanical heart valve.
4. Active bleeding or high risk of bleeding at the time of randomization.
5. Intracranial bleed, including intraventricular hemorrhage, within 3 months prior to
6. Abnormal baseline liver function at randomization.
7. Inadequate renal function at the time of randomization.
8. Platelet count
9. Uncontrolled severe hypertension at the time of randomization.
10. Use of prohibited concomitant medication at the time of randomization.
11. Female subjects who are either pregnant or breastfeeding a child.
12. Use of aggressive life-saving therapies such as ventricular assist devices (VAD) or
extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) at the time of enrollment.
13. Unable to take oral or enteric medication via the NG or G tube.
14. Known inherited or acquired antiphospholipid syndrome (APS).
15. Known inherited bleeding disorder or coagulopathy with increased bleeding risk (eg,
hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, etc.)