- Diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis based on 2010 ACR/EULAR criteria for at least 4
- At least 6 tender (of 68 assessed) and 6 swollen (of 66 assessed) joints at screening
- Hs-CRP equal or greater than 8 mg/L.
- Must have received methotrexate for at least 12 weeks and been on a stable dose for
at least 4 weeks prior to the first study dose.
- Evidence of untreated or inadequately treated latent or active TB.
- Evidence of uncontrolled, clinically significant diseases, including moderate or
severe heart failure (NYHA Class III/IV) or malignancy in the previous 5 years.
- History of infection requiring hospitalization or parenteral antimicrobial therapy
within 6 months prior to first dose of study drug.
- May have received no more than 2 doses of one biologic therapy (other than adalimumab
or lymphocyte depleting therapy).
- Any second DMARD must be washed out prior to the first study dose.