ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Female RA patients ≥ 45 years old with self-reported postmenopausal for ≥12 months or prior hysterectomy with bilateral oophorectomy. Female patients ≥ 55 years old who had prior hysterectomy without oophorectomy or with unilateral oophorectomy.
- Having been receiving low to moderate dose of glucocorticoids (prednisone ≤7.5 mg/day or equivalent) for ≥3 months prior to entry. (When taking glucocorticoids PRN, prednisone ≥1mg/day in average.)
- Patients expected to be on glucocorticoid treatment for 3 months after entry.
- Patients with an osteopenic mean lumbar spine (LS; L1-L4) or femoral neck bone mineral density (BMD; -1 < T-score < -2.5)
- Patients who provide a written consent of participating in this study.
- Patients with condition that may interfere with the evaluation of spinal or hip
osteoporosis by DXA such as two or more vertebral (L1-L4) fractures or other vertebral
- Patients with hypercoagulability risk factors or a history of deep vein thrombosis and
- History of allergic reactions or intolerance to bazedoxifene or other SERM
- Patients receiving bisphosphonates, parathyroid hormone, SERMs, or anticonvulsants
therapies within 6 months prior to entry
- Patients with known bone disorders such as osteomalacia, renal osteodystrophy and
- Patients with undiagnosed uterine bleeding
- Patients with severe renal impairment or creatinine clearance <30ml/min
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- New York, New York
- Birmingham, Alabama