ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Women 18 years of age or older, who are either: Postmenopausal or Pre/perimenopausal women with medically-induced menopause by treatment with agents to induce chemical menopause.
- Histologically or cytologically proven diagnosis of breast cancer with evidence of metastasis.
- Documentation of estrogen receptor positive ((ER+), human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2 negative (HER2-)) tumor.
- Dose Escalation Portion: Patients must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Letrozole combination cohort (L): metastatic breast cancer (MBC) with progression who are candidates for a letrozole-containing regimen, with palbociclib.
- Fulvestrant combination cohort (F): MBC with progression who are candidates for a fulvestrant containing regimen, with palbociclib.
- Dose Expansion Portion: Patients must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Arm A: MBC with progression and no prior endocrine based systemic therapy in the metastatic setting;
- Arm B: MBC with progression during or following one prior endocrine based systemic therapy in the metastatic setting, with no prior therapy with any cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibitor;
- Arm C/Arm D: MBC with progression during or following one or two prior endocrine based systemic therapies in the metastatic setting, and following prior therapy with a CDK inhibitor.
- Measurable disease as defined by Response Evaluation Criteria In Solid Tumors (RECIST) version 1.1.
- Bone only patients during dose escalation portion.
- Availability of archival tumor biopsy sample or willing to provide fresh biopsy if not available.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group [ECOG] performance must be 0 or 1.
- Adequate bone marrow, renal and liver function.
- Prior treatment with a mechanistic target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibitor or
phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) inhibitor.
- More than 1 line of prior chemotherapy in the treatment of metastatic or locally
- Bone only patients during expansion/efficacy portion.
- Patients with advanced/metastatic disease who have symptomatic visceral spread, and
who have life threatening complications needing immediate therapy, such as massive
uncontrolled effusions [pleural, pericardial, peritoneal], pulmonary lymphangitis, and
over 50% liver replacement with tumor.
- Known active uncontrolled or symptomatic Central Nervous System (CNS) metastases.
- Active bacterial, fungal or viral infection.
- Uncontrolled or significant cardiovascular disease.
- Radiation therapy within 4 weeks of investigational product.
- Cytotoxic chemotherapy within 4 weeks of investigational product (6 weeks for
mitomycin C or nitrosoureas) if immediate prior regimen was administered on an every 3
4 week schedule or 2 weeks of investigational product if immediate prior regimen
consisted of weekly therapy.
- Any other anti cancer agents (eg, hormonal, biological, investigational) within 5
times the half life prior to investigational product.
- Impairment of gastro intestinal (GI) function or GI disease.
- Pregnant female patients; breastfeeding female patients; and female patients of
childbearing potential who are unwilling or unable to use 2 highly effective methods
of contraception as outlined in this protocol for the duration of the study and for 90
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- New York, New York
- Cheonan, Chungcheongnam-do
- Anyang, Gyeonggi-do
- Bucheon, Gyeonggi-do
- Goyang, Gyeonggi-do
- Iksan -si, Jeollabuk-do
- Seoul, Korea
- Cheonnam, South Jeolla Province