- Male or female subjects between 18 75 years of age, inclusive, at time of informed
- Must have moderate to severe alopecia areata:
- History of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or positive HIV serology at screening,
- Infected with hepatitis B or hepatitis C viruses.
- Have evidence of active or latent or inadequately treated infection with Mycobacterium
- Have received any of the following treatment regiments specified in the timeframes
Within 6 months of first dose of study drug: Any cell depleting agents Within 12 weeks of
first dose of study drug: Any studies with JAK inhibitors; Other biologics Within 8 weeks
of first dose of study drug: Participation in other studies involving investigational
drug(s) Within 6 weeks of first dose of study drug: Have been vaccinated with live or
attenuated live vaccine.
Within 4 weeks of first dose of study drug: Use of oral immune suppressants; Phototherapy
(NB UVB) or broad band phototherapy; Regular use (more than 2 visits per week) of a tanning
Within 2 week of first dose of study drug: Topical treatments that could affect AA; Herbal
medications with unknown properties or known beneficial effects for AA.