- active sJIA disease according to ILAR criteria for at least 6 weeks before screening
- Treatment with stable doses of methotrexate (MTX) ≤25 mg/week or ≤20 mg/m2/week,
whichever is lower, is permitted;
- Treatment with a stable dose of oral prednisone ≤1 mg/kg/day up to a maximum of 30
mg/day, or equivalent, for at least 1 week before the first study drug dose is
- Previous JIA treatment with tofacitinib;
- Current symptoms or findings of myocarditis, endocarditis or more than minimal
pericardial effusion associated with sJIA. Current symptoms or findings of more than
minimal pleuritis with sJIA
- Subjects who have previously failed treatment with more than two biologic DMARDs.
Note: all subjects will be allowed to have previously failed one biologic DMARD, and
up to forty (40) percent of subjects will be allowed to have previously failed two
biologic DMARDs provided that washout periods are respected.