ABOUT THIS STUDY
Subjects must meet all of the following applicable inclusion criteria to participate in this study:
- Written informed consent and HIPAA authorization for release of personal health information prior to registration.
- Age ≥ 18 years at the time of consent.
- Karnofsky performance status ≥ 60 within 28 days prior to registration.
- Histological or cytological confirmation of ccRCC (component of clear cell histology required).
- Measurable metastatic disease according to RECIST 1.1 criteria within 28 days prior to registration.
- Received no prior mTOR or PD1/PD-L1 inhibitors (prior IL-2 is allowed). Prior VEGF inhibitor is allowed only if >12 months prior to registration, and only if earlier if administered in the neoadjuvant or adjuvant setting
- Females of childbearing potential must have a negative serum pregnancy test within 14 days prior to registration. NOTE: Females are considered of child bearing potential unless they are surgically sterile (have undergone a hysterectomy, bilateral tubal ligation, or bilateral oophorectomy) or they are naturally postmenopausal for at least 12 consecutive months
- Females of childbearing potential and males must be willing to abstain from heterosexual activity or to use 2 forms of effective methods of contraception from the time of informed consent until 60 days after treatment discontinuation. The two contraception methods can be comprised of two barrier methods, or a barrier method plus a hormonal method.
- As determined by the enrolling physician or protocol designee, ability of the subject to understand and comply with study procedures for the entire length of the study
Subjects meeting any of the criteria below may not participate in the study:
- Active infection requiring systemic therapy.
- Known HIV positive (HIV testing is not required for eligibility)
- Pregnant or breastfeeding (NOTE: breast milk cannot be stored for future use while the
mother is being treated on study).
- Known additional invasive malignancy that is active and/or progressive requiring
treatment; exceptions include locally curable cancers, or other cancer for which the
subject has been disease-free for at least three years or prostate cancer on
- Active central nervous system (CNS) metastases (previously treated CNS metastasis are
allowed if subject completed radiation ≥2 weeks earlier and off steroids, and
neurologically stable or subject has been on requiring ≤10 mg of daily prednisone or
prednisone equivalent dose of another corticosteroid for ≥2 weeks) is acceptable)
- Treatment with any investigational agent (chemotherapy or biologic treatment) within
28 days prior to registration.
- Subjects who have not recovered from toxicities from prior systemic anti-cancer
treatment or local therapies (a residual toxicity likely to be chronic but controlled
and manageable is allowed, e.g. endocrine syndromes from prior interleukin-2).
- Subjects who have undergone major surgery < 4 weeks or minor surgery < 2 weeks prior
to registration. Wounds must be completely healed prior to study entry and subjects
must have recovered from all toxicities from surgery. NOTE: placement of a vascular
access device is not considered major or minor surgery in this regard.
- Prior radiation therapy is allowed as long as irradiated area was not the sole source
of measurable disease and radiotherapy was completed with recovery from toxicity, at
least 2 weeks prior to registration, and subject has recovered from toxicity. If the
irradiated area is the only site of disease, there must be evidence of progressive
disease outside of the radiation field .
- Uncontrolled adrenal insufficiency
- Any active known or suspected autoimmune disease
- Recent or active bleeding diathesis or arterial vascular event (including embolic
arterial event such as cerebrovascular accident (or transient ischemic attacks) within
6 months of registration. NOTE: subjects with deep venous thrombosis or pulmonary
embolism allowed even within 6 months if controlled on anticoagulation (such as
warfarin or heparin provided that their medication dose and INR/PTT are stable)
- Previous assignment to treatment during this study. Subjects permanently withdrawn
from study participation will not be allowed to re-enter the study
- Uncontrolled hypertension (systolic pressure > 140 mm Hg or diastolic pressure > 90 mm
Hg on repeated measurement) despite optimal medical management.
- Active or clinically significant cardiac disease within 6 months including:
- Symptomatic Congestive heart failure - New York Heart Association (NYHA)
> Class II
- Symptomatic Coronary artery disease (controlled clinically on medication allowed)
- Cardiac arrhythmias requiring anti-arrhythmic therapy other than beta blockers or
digoxin. Controlled atrial fibrillation is allowed.
- Unstable angina or myocardial infarction.
- Any hemorrhage or bleeding event ≥ NCI CTCAE v4 Grade 3 within 4 weeks prior to start
of study medication.
- Subjects with any previously untreated or concurrent cancer that is distinct in
primary site or histology from ccRCC except cervical cancer in-situ, treated localized
basal cell carcinoma, Gleason score 6 prostate cancer or superficial bladder tumor.
- Known current or chronic hepatitis B or C infection requiring treatment with antiviral
therapy. (NOTE: testing not required)
- Presence of non-healing wound, non-healing ulcer or bone fracture.
- Renal failure requiring hemo- or peritoneal dialysis.
- Persistent proteinuria ≥ Grade 3 NCI-CTCAE v4 (> 3.5 g/24hrs, measured by urine
protein: creatinine ratio on a random urine sample)
- Current use of immunosuppressive medication, EXCEPT for the following: a. intranasal,
inhaled, topical steroids, or local steroid injection (e.g., intra-articular
injection); b. Systemic corticosteroids at physiologic doses ≤ 10 mg/day of prednisone
or equivalent; c. Steroids as premedication for hypersensitivity reactions (e.g., CT
- Interstitial lung disease with ongoing signs and symptoms at the time of informed
- Pleural effusion or ascites that causes respiratory compromise (≥ Grade 2 dyspnea
- History of organ allograft (including corneal transplant)
- Known or suspected allergy or hypersensitivity to any drugs, study drug classes, or
excipients of the formulations given during the course of this trial.
- Any uncontrolled malabsorption condition
- Any condition which in the site investigator's opinion, makes the subject unsuitable
for trial participation.
- Substance abuse, medical, psychological or social conditions that may interfere with
the subject's participation in the study or evaluation of the study results.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Birmingham, Alabama