- Patients ≥ 18 years of age at the time of recruitment
- Patient diagnosed with moderate to severe RA ≥ 6 months before enrollment
- Patients who have had an inadequate response to the continuous use of methotrexate or
combination of conventional DMARDs for at least 12 weeks before the study without
dose change within the last 8 weeks before enrollment in the study.
- Patients with no biological DMARDs use in patient history.
- Patients newly prescribed with tofacitinib or biological DMARDs at doses established
in ACR guidelines and following medical criteria.
- Acceptance for patients to participate in the study and signing of the informed
- Patients who do not have the ability to answer the questionnaires by themselves or
who have any kind of mental disorder that may affect their answers.
- Patients diagnosed with autoimmune rheumatic diseases other than RA and Sjogren's
- Patients treated with biological DMARDs in monotherapy.
- Participation in other studies involving investigational drug(s) (Phases 1-4) within
4 weeks or 5 half-lives (whichever is longer) after discontinuation of the
investigational compound before the current study begins and/or during study
- Patients with any current malignancy or a history of malignancy, with the exception
of adequately treated or excised non-metastatic basal cell or squamous cell cancer of
the skin or cervical carcinoma in situ.
- Patients with lymphoproliferative disorders (e.g., Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) related
lymphoproliferative disorder), a history of lymphoma, leukemia, or signs and symptoms
suggestive of current lymphatic disease.