ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Parent/guardian of participant is willing and able to give informed consent for participation in the study.
2. In good health as determined by a brief medical history and/or clinical judgement of the investigator.
3. For children aged 13-48months, they must have received three doses of PCV13 as per infant immunization schedule (as confirmed by red book or through vaccination history and age). For children aged 6-12months, they must have received 2 doses of PCV12 as per the infant immunisation schedule.
(Vaccination history is confirmed by the child's GP or CHCD. The visit and sampling may still proceed if the vaccination history has not been confirmed beforehand and the participant can be subsequently excluded if they were found to not have received all required doses of PCV13.)
4. Aged 13-48 months and at least 28 days since their third PCV13 vaccination or aged 6-12months and at least 28days since their second dose of PCV13.
5. Able (in the Investigators opinion) and willing to comply with all study requirements.
1. Parent/legal guardian unwilling or unable to give written informed consent to
participate in the study.
2. Parent/legal guardian less than 18 years of age at time of enrolment.
3. Parent/legal guardian is listed on the study delegation log.
4. Children who were known to be un-immunized or have an incomplete course of PCV13.
5. Any other significant disease or disorder which, in the opinion of the Investigator,
may either put the participants at risk because of participation in the study, or may
influence the result of the study, or the participant's ability to participate in the
6. History of bleeding disorder.
Temporary exclusion criteria:
1. Febrile illness or temperature of 38°C or above on the day of the visit or in the
preceding 24 hours.
2. Respiratory illness on the day of the study visit or in the preceding 24 hours. A
respiratory illness will be classified as a combination of at least two of the
following symptoms: cough, sore throat, and runny nose.
3. Administration of antibiotics in the month prior to sampling.
4. History of an acute nose bleed (within the last 24 hours), or recent (within the last
3 months) nasal/craniofacial surgery.
5. Receipt of blood products and/or plasma derivatives or any parenteral immunoglobulin
preparation within 90 days.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Oxford, Oxfordshire