- Must have CDASI Activity score of greater than or equal to 14, and have failed at
least 1 standard of care systemic treatment, (eg, corticosteroids).
- Confirmation of DM by the investigator and two of the following:
1. Gottron's papules;
2. Gottron's sign;
3. Heliotrope eruption;
4. Nailfold changes, (dilated capillary loops, capillary dropout, cuticular
hypertrophy and/or rugged cuticles;
5. Photodistributed violaceous erythema, (skin that is exposed to sunlight and
appears purplish/reddish, and patchy in appearance;
6. Positive DM serology -
- Post DM diagnosis; standard of care workup for DM must have been completed prior to
entry into this research study.
- Willing to provide 6 biopsies during the course of the research study
- Investigator site staff or members of their family.
- Acute and Chronic present medical conditions
- Intake of greater than 15 mg of prednisone or equivalent per day
- Pregnant or breastfeeding females. Fertile men and women who will not comply with the
use of 2 effective birth control methods as per the research protocol
- Have required management of acute or chronic infections
- Have pre existing demyelinating disorder such as multiple sclerosis, or other severe
- Clinically significant lab abnormalities
- Any health condition that may be worsened by immunosuppression