ABOUT THIS STUDY
- ECOG performance status of 0, 1, or 2
- Pathologically documented diagnosis of colorectal adenocarcinoma.
- Progressed on or intolerant of at least 2 prior cancer therapy regimens administered for metastatic disease.
- Completion of all previous therapy (including surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, or investigational therapy) for the treatment of cancer ≥3 weeks before the start of study therapy.
- Part 2 only: Presence of radiographically measurable disease (defined as the presence of ≥1 lesion that measures ≥10 mm [≥15 mm for lymph nodes]). Measurable disease that was previously radiated is only permitted if progressing.
- Agrees to undergo a pretreatment and a post-treatment biopsy.
- Microsatellite stable disease determined by IHC and/or polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
- Adequate bone marrow function
- Adequate hepatic function
- Adequate renal function
- Normal coagulation profile
- Negative antiviral serology
- Female subjects of childbearing potential must not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Willingness to use protocol-recommended methods of contraception or to abstain from heterosexual intercourse from start of therapy until at lest 30 days after the last dose of study therapy
- Life expectancy of ≥3 months.
- History of another malignancy except for adequately treated local basal cell or
squamous cell carcinoma of the skin; in situ cervical or breast carcinoma; adequately
treated, papillary, noninvasive bladder cancer; other adequately treated Stage 1 or 2
cancers currently in complete remission, or any other cancer that has been in complete
remission for ≥2 years.
- Known symptomatic brain metastases requiring ≥10 mg/day of prednisolone (or its
- Significant cardiovascular disease.
- Significant screening ECG abnormalities.
- Active autoimmune disease that might deteriorate when receiving an immunostimulatory
- Known history of colitis, inflammatory bowel disease, pneumonitis, or pulmonary
- Ongoing risk for bleeding due to active peptic ulcer disease or bleeding diathesis.
- Evidence of an ongoing systemic bacterial, fungal, or viral infection.
- Any condition that may impact the subject's ability to swallow oral medications.
- Major surgery within 4 weeks before the start of study therapy.
- Prior solid organ or bone marrow progenitor cell transplantation.
- Prior therapy with any known inhibitor of MNK-1 or MNK-2.
- Prior therapy with any of the following: PD-1, PD-L1, CTLA4 antibody, or any other
drug targeting T cell checkpoint pathways.
- Prior high dose chemotherapy requiring stem cell rescue.
- Intolerance to or prior severe (≥Grade 3) allergic or anaphylactic reaction to infused
antibodies or infused therapeutic proteins.
- Vaccination within 4 weeks of the first dose of avelumab and while on study.
- Ongoing immunosuppressive therapy.
- Use of a strong inhibitor or inducer of cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP3A4) within 7 days
prior to the start of study therapy or expected requirement for use of a strong CYP3A4
inhibitor or inducer during study therapy.
- Previously received investigational product in a clinical trial within 30 days or
within 5 elimination half lives (whichever is longer) prior to the start of study
therapy, or is planning to take part in another clinical trial while participating in
- Has any illness, medical condition, organ system dysfunction, or social situation,
including mental illness or substance abuse, deemed by the Investigator to be likely
to interfere with a subject's ability to sign informed consent, adversely affect the
subject's ability to cooperate and participate in the study, or compromise the
interpretation of study results
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Denver, Colorado
- Sarasota, Florida
- Rochester, Minnesota
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Houston, Texas