1. Male or female adults >/= 60 to =64 years of age (from the 60th birthday up to, but
not including, the 65th birthday) at enrollment.
2. Healthy adults, including adults with preexisting stable disease, defined as disease
not requiring significant change in therapy or requiring hospitalization within 3
months before receipt of investigational product, as determined by medical history,
physical examination, laboratory screening, and clinical judgment of the investigator.
3. Female subjects who are not of childbearing potential.
1. Previous vaccination with any licensed or investigational pneumococcal vaccine, or
planned receipt through study participation.
2. History of microbiologically proven invasive disease caused by S pneumoniae.
3. Serious chronic disorder including metastatic malignancy, severe chronic obstructive
pulmonary disease (COPD) requiring supplemental oxygen, end-stage renal disease with
or without dialysis, clinically unstable cardiac disease, or any other disorder that,
in the investigator's opinion, excludes the subject from participating in the study.