1. Patients more than 18 years-old.
2. Patients diagnosed with NVAF registered in primary care according to ICD-10.
3. Patients initiating apixaban (naïve or VKA experienced), VKA (naïve or VKA
experienced), dabigatran or rivaroxaban for the SPAF indication.
4. Continuous enrolment in the 12 months pre-index.
1. Patients with valvular heart disease (ICD 10: I05.0-I05.09, I08.0-I08.9) including
patients with mitral prosthetic valves.
2. Lost to follow-up (e.g. transfer to primary care center non-ICS).