- Has a diagnosis of Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) based on the Modified New York Criteria
for AS (1984).
- Must have a radiograph of SI joints (AP Pelvis) documenting diagnosis of AS.
- Has active disease despite nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) therapy or
intolerant to NSAIDs.
- History of known or suspected complete ankylosis of the spine.
- History of allergies, intolerance or hypersensitivity to lactose or tofacitinib.
- History of any other rheumatic disease.
- Any subject with condition affecting oral drug absorption.