ABOUT THIS STUDY
Participants must be < 22 years of age.
Participants must have a diagnosis of acute lymphoblastic leukemia and disease meets at least one of the following criteria:
- relapsed or refractory to chemotherapy as defined by ≥5% leukemic blasts in the bone marrow or flow cytometry confirmed leukemic blasts in the peripheral blood
- relapsed after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)
Patients must have had histologic, morphologic or flow cytometric verification of the malignancy at relapse.
Karnofsky or Lansky performance score is ≥ 50% (corresponding to ECOG Score of ≤ 2). The Lansky performance score should be used for participants < 16 years and the Karnofsky performance score for participants ≥ 16 years. Patients who are unable to walk because of paralysis, but who are up in a wheelchair, will be considered ambulatory for the purpose of assessing the performance score.
Patients who relapse while receiving standard ALL maintenance chemotherapy will not be required to have a waiting period before entry onto this study.
Patients who relapse on therapy other than standard ALL maintenance must have fully recovered from the acute toxic effects of all prior anti-cancer therapy, defined as resolution of all such toxicities to ≤ Grade 2 or lower per the inclusion/exclusion criteria prior to entering this study.
At least 14 days must have elapsed since the completion of cytotoxic therapy, with the exception of standard maintenance therapy and steroids.
At least 7 days must have elapsed since completion of therapy with a biologic agent. For agents that have known adverse events occurring beyond 7 days after administration, this period prior to enrollment must be extended beyond the time during which adverse events are known to occur.
At least 3 half-lives must have elapsed since prior therapy that included a monoclonal antibody with the exception of blinatumomab. Patients must have been off blinatumomab infusion for at least 7 days and all drug related toxicity must have resolved to grade 2 or lower as outlined in the inclusion/exclusion criteria.
At least 42 days must have elapsed since CAR-T cell therapy.
At least 90 days have elapsed since bone marrow transplant and participant is off immune suppression for ≥ 2 weeks, if applicable with no evidence of active GVHD.
At least 2 weeks must have elapsed since local XRT (small port); ≥ 3 months must have elapsed if prior cranial or craniospinal XRT was received, if ≥ 50% of the pelvis was irradiated, or if TBI was received; ≥ 6 weeks must have elapsed if other substantial bone marrow irradiation was given.
Organ Function Requirements:
Adequate renal function defined as glomerular filtration rate ≥ 60 cc/min/1.73m2 or serum creatinine based on age as follows:
- Age: <6 months; maximum serum creatinine (mg/dL): 0.4 (male, female); Age: 6 months to <1 year; maximum serum creatinine (mg/dL): 0.5 (male, female); Age: 1 to < 2 years; maximum serum creatinine (mg/dL): 0.6 (male, female); Age: 2 to < 6 years; maximum serum creatinine (mg/dL): 0.8 (male, female); Age: 6 to <10 years; maximum serum creatinine (mg/dL): 1 (male, female); Age: 10 to <13 years; maximum serum creatinine (mg/dL): 1.2 (male, female); Age: 13 to <16 years; maximum serum creatinine (mg/dL): 1.5 (male), 1.4 (female); Age: ≥ 16 years; maximum serum creatinine (mg/dL): 1.7 (male), 1.4 (female)
Adequate hepatic function defined as:
- Total bilirubin ≤ 2 x upper limit of normal (ULN) for age, and
- ALT ≤ 3 x ULN for age, unless elevation is due to leukemic infiltration.
Adequate cardiac function defined as shortening fraction of ≥ 27% or ejection fraction ≥ 45%.
Adequate pulmonary function defined as:
- No evidence of dyspnea at rest, no exercise intolerance, and a pulse oximetry > 94%.
- No evidence of acute pulmonary infiltrates on chest radiograph.
Adequate central nervous system (CNS) function defined as:
- Patients with seizure disorder may be enrolled if on allowed anti-convulsants and well controlled. Benzodiazepines and gabapentin are acceptable.
- CNS toxicity < Grade 2
Adequate peripheral nervous system (PNS) function defined as:
- PNS toxicity < Grade 2.
Extramedullary disease status: patients with isolated CNS disease or isolated testicular
disease are not eligible.
Concurrent chemotherapy or targeted anti-cancer agents, other than intrathecal therapy.
Patients who have previously received bortezomib or other proteasome inhibitors that did
not have a response while receiving the inhibitor are not eligible. Patients that responded
but had a subsequent relapse are eligible.
Patients who have previously received palbociclib or other CDK4/6 inhibitors are not
Patient with concurrent severe and/or uncontrolled medical conditions that, in the opinion
of the investigator, may impair participation in the study or the evaluation of safety
Patients that have an active, uncontrolled infection are not eligible.
Known HIV infection or active hepatitis B (defined as hepatitis B surface antigen-positive)
or C (defined as hepatitis C antibody-positive).
Pregnant or lactating (female participant of childbearing potential must have negative
serum or urine pregnancy test required within 7 days prior to start of treatment).
Male or female participant of reproductive potential must agree to use appropriate methods
of contraception for the duration of study treatment and for at least 30 days after last
dose of protocol treatment.
Cumulative anthracyclines must not exceed 450mg/m2 doxorubicin equivalents following
completion of treatment on protocol. Therefore for patients receiving one course on
protocol cumulative anthracyclines must be less than or equal to 400mg/m2 doxorubicin
equivalents at the time of enrollment
Inability or unwillingness or research participant or legal guardian/representative to give
written informed consent.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Memphis, Tennessee