ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Male or female, 45 to 75 years old (including 45 and 75 years);
2. Two measurements of resting systolic blood pressure ≥140mmHg and/or diastolic blood pressure ≥90mmHg on different days during screening;
3. Female subjects of child-bearing potential who are willing to adopt one of the following methods for contraception during the study:
Oral contraceptive, either combined or progestogen alone. Injectable progestogen. Implants of levonorgestrel. Oestrogenic vaginal ring. Percutaneous contraceptive patches. Intrauterine device or intrauterine system showing that the expected failure rate is less than 1% per year as stated in the product label.
Double barrier method: condom and an occlusive cap (diaphragm or cervical/vault caps) with a vaginal spermicidal agent (foam/gel/film/cream/suppository).
4. Subjects who can understand and perform home blood pressure monitoring as required by the study;
5. Subjects who voluntarily participate in the study and sign informed consent form.
1. Two measurements of resting systolic blood pressure ≥180mmHg and/or diastolic blood
pressure ≥110mmHg on different days during screening;
2. Subjects with the history of cerebral stroke within 6 months prior to screening;
3. Subjects with the history of myocardial infarction within 6 months prior to screening;
4. Subjects with the history of heart failure;
5. Subjects with the history of atrial fibrillation;
6. Subjects with the history of coronary artery revascularization;
7. Subjects with other serious diseases, such as tumor;
8. Subjects diagnosed as the secondary hypertension;
9. Subjects with congenital or acquired organic heart disease;
10. Pregnant or lactant subjects;
11. Subjects with severe mental disease;
12. Subjects with abnormal liver and renal function: ALT or AST>2 X upper limit value; Or
creatinine >2 X upper limit value;
13. Subjects who were previously diagnosed with diabetes that is currently poorly
14. Subjects who are unable to conduct blood pressure self-test;
15. The subject has any other known condition at screening that would compromise subject
safety, might affect life expectancy, or making it difficult to successfully manage
and follow the subject according to the protocol.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Laval, Quebec
- E. Hanover, New Jersey
- London, Ontario