ABOUT THIS STUDY
Patients must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for the study:
1. Diagnosed with AF anytime in the baseline period or on the index date, also have definitive diagnosis of AF anytime in the baseline period, on the index date, or post-index period.
2. Prescribed one of the index OACs (apixaban, dabigatran, edoxaban, rivaroxaban or warfarin) on or after the day of AF diagnosis. The first observed prescription will be used to identify the patient's index date and treatment cohort
3. No use of the any OACs during the baseline period (the 180 days before the index date)
4. Age of 18 years or older on the index date.
Patients meeting any of the following criteria will not be included in the study:
1. Having a diagnosis of valvular atrial fibrillation, post-operative atrial fibrillation,
rheumatic atrial fibrillation or mechanical-valvular atrial fibrillation during the
baseline and post-index period 2. Having a cardiac surgery procedure record during the
baseline period 3. Having a joint replacement procedure record during the baseline period
4. Having a procedure of prosthetic heart valve during the baseline period 5. Having a
diagnosis of venous thromboembolism during the baseline period 6. Female patients with
pregnancy during the follow-up period 7. Patients prescribed "off-label" doses of OACs (per
Japanese package insert of each OAC) or patients treated with OAC but in "off-label" or
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in