ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Age ≥ 18 years.
- Present to a study healthcare facility where treating physician clinically suspects CAP with the presence of two or more of the following signs and symptoms: Fever, Hypothermia, Chills or rigors, Pleuritic chest pain, Cough, Sputum production, Dyspnea, Tachypnea, Malaise, Abnormal auscultatory findings suggestive of pneumonia.
- Has radiographic finding that is consistent with pneumonia.
- Able and willing to provide urine sample.
- Signed and dated informed consent
- Subjects who are investigational staff members or relatives of those staff member or
subjects who are Pfizer employees directly involved in the conduct of the study.
- Subjects with suspicion of CAP or any other respiratory infectious disease, as well as
evidence of or documented concomitant infectious disease.
- Subjects residing in any long-term care facilities.
- Subjects with known bronchial obstruction or history of post-obstructive pneumonia.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is permissible, provided there has no
been an exacerbation with 3 months prior to enrollment.
- Subjects with primary lung cancer or another malignancy metastatic to the lungs.
- Subjects with fever.
- Subjects with significant immunosuppressive disease such as AIDS, leukemia, etc.
- Subjects with either pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) and/or pneumococcal
polysaccharide vaccine (PPV) administration within the past 30 days.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Newark, Delaware
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Albany, New York
- New York, New York
- Stony Brook, New York
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- San Antonio, Texas