1. Male or female adults >/= 18 years of age (from the 18th birthday) at enrollment and
2. Adults determined by clinical assessment, including medical history and clinical
judgment, to be eligible for the study, including adults with preexisting stable
disease, defined as disease not requiring significant change in therapy in the
previous 6 weeks or hospitalization for worsening disease within 12 weeks before
receipt of investigational product.
3. Negative urine pregnancy test at Visit1 for all subjects who are of childbearing
1. Previous vaccination with any licensed or investigational pneumococcal vaccine, or
planned receipt through study participation.
2. History of microbiologically proven invasive disease caused by S pneumoniae.
3. Serious chronic disorder including metastatic malignancy, severe chronic obstructive
pulmonary disease (COPD) requiring supplemental oxygen, end-stage renal disease with
or without dialysis, clinically unstable cardiac disease, or any other disorder that,
in the investigator's opinion, excludes the subject from participating in the study.
4. Pregnant female subjects or breastfeeding female subjects.