ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Healthy male research subjects who, at the time of screening, are between the ages of 18 and 55 years, inclusive.
- Body mass index (BMI) of 18.5 kg/m2 to 24.9 kg/m2, and a total body weight >50 kg (>110 lbs).
- Evidence of a personally signed and dated informed consent document indicating that the research subject has been informed of all pertinent aspects of the study.
- Research subjects that never smoked.
- Research subjects who are willing and able to comply with all scheduled visits, treatment plan, laboratory tests, and other study procedures.
- Evidence or history of clinically significant hematological, renal, endocrine,
pulmonary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, hepatic, psychiatric, neurological, or
- Clinically significant infections within the past 3 months, evidence of any infection
within the past 7 days, history of disseminated herpes simplex infection or recurrent
(>1 episode) or disseminated herpes zoster.
- Vaccination with live or attenuated vaccines within 6 weeks prior to dosing.
- A history of suicidal thoughts, behavior or suicide attempts.
- History of narrow angle glaucoma.
- Any condition possibly affecting drug absorption (eg, gastrectomy, colon resection,
- History of or current positive results for any of the following serological tests:
hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg), hepatitis B core antibody (HBcAb), anti hepatitis
C core antibody (HCV Ab), or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) 1 and 2.
- Malignancy or a history of malignancy.
- A positive urine drug test.
- A positive alcohol screen.
- History of regular alcohol consumption exceeding 21 drinks/week for male research
subjects [1 drink = 5 ounces (150 mL) of wine or 12 ounces (360 mL) of beer or 1.5
ounces (45 mL) of hard liquor] within 6 months before screening.
- Use of tobacco or all nicotine containing products.
- Treatment with an investigational drug within 6 months or 5 half lives preceding the
first dose of investigational product (whichever is longer).
- Fertile male subjects who are unwilling or unable to use a highly effective method of
contraception as outlined in this protocol for the duration of the study and for at
least 28 days after the last dose of investigational product.
- Use of prescription or nonprescription drugs and dietary supplements within 14 days or
5 half lives (whichever is longer) prior to the first dose of investigational product.
- Consumption of grapefruit or grapefruit related citrus fruits (eg, Seville oranges,
pomelos) or juices within 7 days prior to dosing.
- Blood donation (excluding plasma donations) of approximately 1 pint (500 mL) or more
within 3 months prior to screening until collection of the final PK blood sample
(Period 2, Day 4).
- History of sensitivity to heparin or heparin induced thrombocytopenia.
- History of hypersensitivity to duloxetine or any of the components in the formulation
of the study products.
- Unwilling or unable to comply with the criteria in the Lifestyle Requirements section
of this protocol.
- Use of any medicinal product that is an inductor or strong inhibitor of CYP450 1A2 or
2D6 (eg, rifampicin, omeprazole, fluvoxamine, ciprofloxacin, fluoxetine, paroxetine,
etc) within two weeks before administration of the investigational product and at any
time during the study.
- Use of any medicinal product that inhibits monoamine oxidase A or B (eg, phenelzine,
isocarboxacid, linezolid) within two weeks before administration of the
investigational product and at any time during the study till at least 5 days after
the last dose of investigational product.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- New Haven, Connecticut
- Paramus, New Jersey