ABOUT THIS STUDY
- 1. Healthy female research subjects and/or male research subjects who, at the time of screening, are between the ages of 18 and 55 years, inclusive.
Female subjects of nonchildbearing potential must meet at least 1 of the following criteria:
1. Achieved postmenopausal status, defined as follows: cessation of regular menses for at least 12 consecutive months with no alternative pathological or physiological cause, and have a serum follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) level confirming the postmenopausal state;
2. Have undergone a documented hysterectomy and/or bilateral oophorectomy;
3. Have medically confirmed ovarian failure. All other female subjects (including female subjects with tubal ligations) are considered to be of childbearing potential.
2. Body mass index (BMI) of 18.5 kg/m2 to 24.9 kg/m2 (the upper limit may vary up to 15% to allow subjects with a BMI from 18.5 kg/m2 to 28.6 kg/m2 to participate), and a total body weight >50 kg (>110 lbs).
3. Evidence of a personally signed and dated informed consent document indicating that the research subject has been informed of all pertinent aspects of the study.
4. Research subjects who are willing and able to comply with all scheduled visits, treatment plan, laboratory tests, and other study procedures
1. Evidence or history of clinically significant hematological, renal, endocrine,
pulmonary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, hepatic, psychiatric, neurological,
or allergic disease (including drug allergies, but excluding untreated,
asymptomatic, seasonal allergies at the time of dosing).
2. Clinically significant infections within the past 3 months (eg, those requiring
hospitalization or parenteral antibiotics, or as judged by the Investigator),
evidence of any infection within the past 7 days, history of disseminated herpes
simplex infection or recurrent or disseminated herpes zoster.
3. Any condition possibly affecting drug absorption (eg, gastrectomy, colon
4. Research subjects with a history of, or current evidence for, severe
gastrointestinal narrowing (pathologic or iatrogenic).
5. History of or current positive results for any of the following serological
tests: hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg), hepatitis B core antibody (HBcAb),
anti hepatitis C core antibody (HCV Ab), or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) 1
6. Malignancy or a history of malignancy
7. A positive urine drug test.
8. A positive alcohol screen.
9. History of regular alcohol consumption exceeding 14 drinks/week for female
subjects or 21 drinks/week for male subjects [1 drink = 5 ounces (150 mL) of wine
or 12 ounces (360 mL) of beer or 1.5 ounces (45 mL) of hard liquor] within 6
months before screening.
10. Use of tobacco or nicotine containing products in excess of the equivalent of 5
cigarettes per day.
11. Treatment with an investigational drug within 6 months or 4 or 5 half lives
preceding the first dose of investigational product (whichever is longer).
12. Pregnant female subjects, breastfeeding female subjects, fertile male subjects
and female subjects of childbearing potential who are unwilling or unable to use
a highly effective method of contraception as outlined in this protocol from at
least 14 days prior to the first dose of investigational product until at least
28 days after the last dose of investigational product.
13. Use of prescription or nonprescription drugs and dietary supplements within 14
days or 5 half lives (whichever is longer) prior to the first dose of
investigational product. Limited use of non prescription medications that are not
believed to affect research subject safety or the overall results of the study
may be permitted on a case by case basis following approval by the sponsor.
• Herbal supplements, hormonal methods of contraception (including oral and
transdermal contraceptives, injectable progesterone, progestin subdermal
implants, progesterone releasing intrauterine devices [IUDs], vaginal ring, and
postcoital contraceptive methods), and hormone replacement therapy must have been
discontinued at least 28 days prior to the first dose of investigational product.
14. Consumption of grapefruit or grapefruit related citrus fruits (eg, Seville
oranges, pomelos) or juices within 7 days prior to dosing.
15. Blood donation (excluding plasma donations) of approximately 1 pint (500 mL) or
more within 3 months prior to screening.
16. History of sensitivity to heparin or heparin induced thrombocytopenia.
17. History of hypersensitivity to tramadol or paracetamol or any of the components
in the formulation of the study products.
18. Unwilling or unable to comply with the criteria in the Lifestyle Requirements
section of this protocol.
19. Other acute or chronic medical or psychiatric condition including recent (within
the past year) or active suicidal ideation or behavior or laboratory abnormality
that may increase the risk associated with study participation or investigational
product administration or may interfere with the interpretation of study results
and, in the judgment of the investigator, would make the research subject
inappropriate for entry into this study.
20. Research subjects who are investigator site staff members directly involved in
the conduct of the study and their family members, site staff members otherwise
supervised by the Investigator, or research subjects who are the sponsor's
employees, including their family members, directly involved in the conduct of
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- New Haven, Connecticut
- Paramus, New Jersey
- New Haven, Connecticut