ABOUT THIS STUDY
Participants are eligible to be included in the study only if all of the following criteria apply:
Age and Sex:
1. Male and female participants must be 18 to 55 years of age, inclusive, at the time of signing the informed consent document (ICD).
Type of Participant and Disease Characteristics:
2. Male and female participants who are overtly healthy as determined by medical evaluation including a detailed medical history, complete physical examination, laboratory tests, and ECG.
3. Participants who are willing and able to comply with all scheduled visits, treatment plan, laboratory tests, lifestyle considerations, and other study procedures.
4. Body mass index (BMI) of 17.5 to 30.5 kg/m2; and a total body weight >50 kg (110 lb).
5. Capable of giving signed informed consent which includes compliance with the requirements and restrictions listed in the informed consent document (ICD) and in this protocol.
Participants are excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply:
1. Evidence or history of clinically significant hematological, renal, endocrine,
pulmonary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, hepatic (including alcoholic liver
disease, nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), autoimmune hepatitis, and hereditary
liver diseases), psychiatric, neurological, or allergic disease (including drug
allergies, but excluding untreated, asymptomatic, seasonal allergies at the time of
2. Evidence of acute exacerbation or history of clinically significant dermatological
condition (eg, contact dermatitis or psoriasis) or visible rash present during
3. Participants, who according to the product label for rosuvastatin, would be at
increased risk if dosed with rosuvastatin.
4. Self reported history or risk factors for QT prolongation or torsades de pointes (eg,
organic heart disease, congestive heart failure, hypokalemia, hypomagnesaemia,
congenital long QT syndrome, myocardial ischemia or infarction), congenital deafness,
family history of sudden death, and family history of long QT syndrome.
5. Any condition possibly affecting drug absorption (eg, gastrectomy, cholecystectomy,
6. A current or past medical history of conditions associated with thrombocytopenia,
coagulopathy or platelet dysfunction.
7. History of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B virus, or hepatitis C virus
infection; positive testing for HIV, hepatitis B surface antigen (HepBsAg), hepatitis
B core antibody (HepBcAb), or hepatitis C antibody (HCVAb). As an exception, a
positive hepatitis B surface antibody (HepBsAb) as a result of participant vaccination
8. Other acute or chronic medical or psychiatric condition including recent (within the
past year) or active suicidal ideation or behavior or laboratory abnormality that may
increase the risk associated with study participation or investigational product
administration or may interfere with the interpretation of study results and, in the
judgment of the investigator, would make the participant inappropriate for entry into
10. Use of prescription or nonprescription drugs and dietary and herbal supplements within
7 days or 5 half lives (whichever is longer) prior to the first dose of investigational
10. Use of CYP2C19 inhibitors (eg, fluconazole, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, ticlopidine
omeprazole, voriconazole, cimetidine, esomeprazole, and felbamate) or inducers (eg,
rifampin, ritonavir, efavirenz, enzalutamide, phenytoin, and St. John's Wort) within 28
days or 5 half-lives (whichever is longer) prior to dosing.
11. Use of CYP2C9 inhibitors (eg, amiodarone, felbamate, fluconazole, miconazole, piperine,
diosmin, disulfiram, fluvastatin, fluvoxamine, voriconazole, efavirenz, isoniazid) or
inducers (eg, aprepitant, carbamazepine, enzalutamide, rifampin, ritonavir, nevirapine,
phenobarbital, and St. John's Wort) within 28 days or 5 half lives (whichever is longer)
prior to dosing.
12. Use of CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, ciprofloxacin, diltiazem) or other inducers
(eg, phenytoin, carbamazepine) within 28 days or 5 half-lives (whichever is longer) prior
Prior/Concurrent Clinical Study Experience:
13. Previous administration with an investigational drug within 30 days (or as determined
by the local requirement) or 5 half lives preceding the first dose of investigational
product used in this study (whichever is longer).
14. A positive urine drug test. 15. Screening supine systolic blood pressure (BP) <90 mm Hg
or >=140 mm Hg following at least 5 minutes of supine rest; OR Screening supine diastolic
BP <50 mm Hg or >=90 mm Hg following at least 5 minutes of supine rest.
If a participant meets any of these criteria, the BP should be repeated 2 more times and
the average of the 3 BP values should be used to determine the participant's eligibility.
16. Screening supine 12 lead ECG demonstrating:
- QTcF >450 msec; OR
- QRS interval >120 msec. If QTcF exceeds 450 msec, or QRS exceeds 120 msec, the ECG
should be repeated 2 more times and the average of the 3 QTcF or QRS values should be
used to determine the participant's eligibility.
17. Participants with ANY of the following abnormalities in clinical laboratory tests
at screening, as assessed by the study specific laboratory and confirmed by a single
repeat test, if deemed necessary:
- Alkaline phosphatase, creatine kinase, aspartate aminotransferase (AST)/serum glutamic
oxaloacetic transaminase (SGOT) or alanine aminotransferase (ALT)/serum glutamic
pyruvic transaminase (SGPT) level > ULN.
- Total bilirubin level > ULN; participants with a history of Gilbert's syndrome may
have direct bilirubin measured and would be eligible for this study provided the
direct bilirubin level is <=ULN.
- Estimated creatinine clearance <90 mL/min.
- Confirmed microscopic proteinuria or hematuria.
18. History of regular alcohol consumption exceeding 14 drinks per week for female
participants or 21 drinks per week for male participants (1 drink = 5 ounces [150 mL] of
wine or 12 ounces [360 mL] of beer or 1.5 ounces [45 mL] of hard liquor) within 6 months
19. Known relevant history of elevated liver function tests (LFTs). 20. History of
tuberculosis (TB) (active or latent) or inadequately treated TB infection. Positive
QuantiFERON - TB Gold test.
21. Any history of chronic infections, any history of recurrent infections, any history of
latent infections, or any acute infection within 2 weeks of baseline.
22. History of disseminated herpes zoster, or disseminated herpes simplex, or recurrent
localized dermatomal herpes zoster.
23. History of systemic infection requiring hospitalization, parenteral antimicrobial
therapy, or considered clinically significant by the investigator within 6 months prior to
24. History of receiving a live vaccine within 6 weeks prior to the first dose of
investigational product, or is expected to receive a live vaccine within 6 weeks after the
last dose of investigational product.
25. Have a known immunodeficiency disorder or a first-degree relative with a hereditary
26. History of sensitivity to heparin or heparin induced thrombocytopenia. 27. Use of
tobacco or nicotine containing products in excess of the equivalent of 5 cigarettes per
28. Blood donation (excluding plasma donations) of approximately 1 pint (500 mL) or more
within 60 days prior to first dose of investigational product.
29. History of hypersensitivity to rosuvastatin. 30. Unwilling or unable to comply with the
criteria in the Lifestyle Considerations section of this protocol.
31. Have any malignancies or have a history of malignancies with the exception of
adequately treated or excised non metastatic basal cell or squamous cell cancer of the
skin, or cervical carcinoma in situ.
32. Investigator site staff members directly involved in the conduct of the study and their
family members, site staff members otherwise supervised by the investigator, or Pfizer
employees, including their family members, directly involved in the conduct of the study.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- New Haven, Connecticut
- Paramus, New Jersey
- New Haven, Connecticut