ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Males and females age ≥12 years. If ≥18 years of age, is able to provide informed consent; if <18 years of age, is able to provide informed assent and has a parent or guardian who is able to provide informed consent on the participant's behalf.
2. Has pulmonary tuberculosis (TB) based on investigator assessment of all available information (e.g., chest x-ray, sputum smear, culture, molecular testing).
3. Has a sputum sample that is positive for M. tuberculosis (MTB) that is rifamycin-resistant and fluoroquinolone-susceptible by molecular assay.
4. Is human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) seropositive or seronegative; HIV serostatus must be assessed at screening if either (a) HIV serostatus is unknown, or (b) the last documented negative HIV test was more than two (2) months prior to screening.
5. Willing to attend scheduled follow-up visits and undergo study assessments.
6. Women with child-bearing potential must agree either (a) to practice an adequate birth control (defined as one of the following oral contraceptives, intrauterine devices, contraceptive implants under the skin, contraceptive rings or patches or injections, diaphragms with spermicide or condoms with foam) or (b) to abstain from heterosexual intercourse during study regimen.
1. Current MTB isolate is known at screening to be quinolone-resistant.
2. History of allergy (hypersensitivity) or intolerability to one or more agents in the
investigational regimens (i.e., Arms 1 and 2)
3. History of serotonin syndrome
4. History of symptomatic ventricular arrhythmia or is taking anti-arrhythmic agents
5. History of optic neuropathy or peripheral neuropathy
6. History of prior treatment with delamanid or linezolid for TB
7. Has at screening received ≥14 days of second-line anti-TB drugs
8. Has at screening a Karnofsky score of ≤40 or, in the opinion of the Investigator, is
unlikely to survive 78 weeks.
9. Has at screening > 40 decibel (dB) hearing at 4000 Hz in either ear
10. Has at screening laboratory results that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Hemoglobin concentration <7.0 g/dL (<70 g/L)
- Platelet count of <80,000/mm3
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) <2000/ mm3
- Serum creatinine >2.0 mg/dL (>177 µmol/L)
- Serum Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT) >3x upper limit of normal (ULN)
- Total bilirubin >3x upper limit of normal (ULN)
- Serum albumin <2.8 g/dL (<28 g/L)
- For women of childbearing potential, a positive or indeterminant serum pregnancy
11. For women of childbearing potential, has a positive or indeterminant urine pregnancy
test on the day of randomization.
12. Has at screening a mean QT interval with Fridericia's correction (QTcF) >450 msec
based on three electrocardiograms (ECGs).
13. At screening requires ongoing use of prohibited drugs indicated in section 4.2
14. At screening, has weight less than 33 Kg.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.