ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Children aged 3 years old and <18 years with either isolated GHD, or GH insufficiency.
2. Currently on treatment with either Genotropin Pen®, Genotropin GoQuick Pen®, HumatroPen® (United States of America [USA] only), or Omnitrope® Pen (USA only) ≥3 months and have been compliant on a stable dose (±10%) for at least 3 months prior to screening.
3. IGF I SDS < 2.
4. Subjects on hormonal replacement therapy for other hypothalamic pituitary axis (HPA) hormonal deficiencies and/or diabetes insipidus must be on an optimized and stable treatment regimen, as determined by the Investigator, for at least 3 months prior to screening.
1. History of leukemia, lymphoma, sarcoma or any other cancer.
2. History of radiation therapy or chemotherapy.
3. Children with psychosocial dwarfism.
4. Children born small for gestational age (SGA) - birth weight and/or birth length < 2
SDS for gestational age.
5. Other causes of short stature such as uncontrolled primary hypothyroidism and rickets.
6. Chromosomal abnormalities including Turner's syndrome, Laron syndrome, Noonan
syndrome, Prader Willi syndrome, Russell Silver syndrome, short stature homeobox
(SHOX) mutations/deletions or skeletal dysplasias.
7. Treatment with regularly scheduled daily or weekly injectable medications other than
Genotropin® Pen, Genotropin GoQuick®, HumatroPen® (USA only), or Omnitrope® Pen (USA
8. Diabetes Mellitus.
9. Current treatment with Genotropin MiniQuick.
10. History of any exposure to a long acting hGH preparation.
11. Known or suspected human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) positive patient, or patient
with advanced diseases such as acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) or
12. Drug, substance, or alcohol abuse.
13. Known hypersensitivity to the components of the medication.
14. Pregnant female subjects; breastfeeding female subjects; fertile male subjects and
female subjects of childbearing potential who are unwilling or unable to use a highly
effective method of contraception as outlined in this protocol for the duration of the
study and for at least 28 days after the last dose of investigational product.
15. Other acute or chronic medical or psychiatric condition including recent (within the
past year) or active suicidal ideation or behavior or laboratory abnormality that may
increase the risk associated with study participation or investigational product
administration or may interfere with the interpretation of study results and, in the
judgment of the investigator, would make the subject inappropriate for entry into this
16. Investigator site staff members directly involved in the conduct of the study and
their family members, site staff members otherwise supervised by the investigator, or
subjects who are Pfizer employees, including their family members, directly involved
in the conduct of the study.
17. Participation in other studies involving investigational drug(s) within 30 days prior
to study entry and/or during study participation.
18. Patient and/or the parent/legal guardian are likely to be non-compliant with respect
to study conduct.
19. Subject and/or the parent/legal guardian are unable to understand written and/or
verbal instructions on the proper use of growth hormone injection devices.
20. Children with closed epiphyses (this determination can be based on available existing
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Liverpool, Merseyside
- Liverpool, Merseyside