- At least one claim for methotrexate during the variable-length pre-index period.
- At least one claim for tofacitinib or bDMARDs between 01 January 2014 and 31 July 2018
(the identification period).
- Patients with claims for other conditions for which bDMARDs are used during the
one-year pre-index period or on the index date: ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn's
disease, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, or ulcerative colitis will be excluded from
- Patients with evidence of the index medication during the one-year pre-index period
will be removed from the analysis. Patients will be allowed to have been treated with
(other) bDMARDs during the one-year pre-index period.
- Patients with more than 1 bDMARD or bDMARD with tofacitinib filled on the index date
will be removed from the study.