ABOUT THIS STUDY
- At least one claim for tofacitinib between 01 January 2014 and 31 January 2017 (the identification period).
- Presence of The International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9 CM) code for RA (in any position) during the one-year pre-index period or on the index date. ICD-9 = 714.0x-714.4x & 714.81 or ICD10 = M05.* & M06.0*-M06.3* or M06.8*-M06.9*.
- At least 18 years old as of the index date.
- Patients with claims for other conditions for which biologics are used during the
one-year pre-index period or on the index date: ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn's
disease, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, or ulcerative colitis will be excluded from
- Patients with evidence of the index medication during the one-year pre-index period
will be removed from the analysis. Patients will be allowed to have been treated with
other biologics approved for RA (Tumor-Necrosis Factor-alpha inhibitors (TNFi)
[adalimumab (Humira), etanercept (Enbrel), certolizumab pegol (Cimzia), golimumab
(Simponi), infliximab (Remicade)] and non-TNFi's with alternative mechanisms of action
[abatacept (Orencia), and rituximab (Rituxan), anakinra (Kineret), tocilizumab
(Actemra)]) during the one-year pre-index period.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Birmingham, Alabama