- At least one claim for tofacitinib between 01 January 2014 and 31 January 2017 (the
- Presence of The International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical
Modification (ICD-9 CM) code for RA (in any position) during the one-year pre-index
period or on the index date. ICD-9 = 714.0x-714.4x & 714.81 or ICD10 = M05.* &
M06.0*-M06.3* or M06.8*-M06.9*.
- At least 18 years old as of the index date.
- Patients with claims for other conditions for which biologics are used during the
one-year pre-index period or on the index date: ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn's
disease, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, or ulcerative colitis will be excluded from
- Patients with evidence of the index medication during the one-year pre-index period
will be removed from the analysis. Patients will be allowed to have been treated with
other biologics approved for RA (Tumor-Necrosis Factor-alpha inhibitors (TNFi)
[adalimumab (Humira), etanercept (Enbrel), certolizumab pegol (Cimzia), golimumab
(Simponi), infliximab (Remicade)] and non-TNFi's with alternative mechanisms of action
[abatacept (Orencia), and rituximab (Rituxan), anakinra (Kineret), tocilizumab
(Actemra)]) during the one-year pre-index period.